Who is SSFA?
The Saskatchewan Senior Fitness Association Inc. (SSFA) is a volunteer, non-government organization formed on December 7, 1984 in response to the need for an activity program for people fifty years of age and older.
SSFA is directed by a volunteer Board of Directors who represents all districts of Saskatchewan. The main objective of the association is to promote active living, wellness and participation.
SSFA operates with funding from the Saskatchewan Lotteries and district fund-raising endeavors.
To improve the total well-being of Saskatchewan Seniors through participation in
- Regular Physical Activities
- Cultural Activities
- Social Activities
- Intellectual Activities
Why Join SSFA?
- Participation in SSFA events
Affiliation with the following organizations:
- Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
- Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism
- Active Living Coalition for Older Adults
- Canada 55+ Games Association
- Saskatchewan Games Council, and
- Other national and provincial groups
- Referral assistance regarding activity opportunities
- Discover new friends
- Enjoy a sense of belonging
- Reinforce a positive self-image
- Vote at Annual General Meeting
Benefits of Being Active
- Enhanced active and enjoyable lifestyle
- Improved physical fitness and self esteem
- Better physical and mental health
- Increased energy and burning of calories